Friday, July 20, 2007

Tree Houses! (Post number 50!!!)

Woo Hoo! I have made 50 posts now! I am so amazed! When I started this journey in blogging, I kind of figured I would post a few times and then get bored, or busy, and forget about it. I never imagined I'd make it to 50 posts. I am still loving it and hopefully will make it to 100 and beyond!

A couple of months ago my mother-in-law sent me an email about a guy who builds tree houses in his back yard. I thought it sounded neat, and I even checked out his website. Well, last week my MIL asked if I wanted to go with her and take the kids to check it out. Reluctantly, I agreed. I didn't really have much interest in going to someone's house and watch the kids climb around in trees. I am sooo glad I decided to go! This is one of those places that is cool in pictures, but is unreal in person. Just look at the kids faces in the pictures that follow!


























I got as far as the platform where the rope bridge begins before I turned around and climbed back down to terra firma. I'm not afraid of heights, but I don't particularly like things that are up high and sway. Needless to say, a rope bridge tends to sway a bit!













Erin was completely comfortable with the bridges and platforms. She went ahead of Kyle and Sarah and checked everything out.







































I think this might have been Sarah's first rope bridge crossing. She looks a little nervous if you ask me.


























While the kids checked out the tree houses, my MIL and I sat and talked with the creator of this wonderland. Apparently he not only makes magic for kids, but the animals think he's pretty cool as well. As we sat talking to the owner and his wife, two squirrels came to get a snack. One would come over and take peanuts right out of his hand. I am not usually that fond of squirrels, but this was just too cool! They have named the two squirrels. This one happens to be Throckmorton. His friend, who is not as brave as to take from your hand, is Leila.













This is also Throckmorton. He is cleaning the peanut before running off to bury it for later eating.













We had an absolutely wonderful time visiting with the couple while the kids went through the trees. The kids also thoroughly enjoyed flying through the air on a zip line. At the end they told us we were welcome to come back. I imagine we will probably take them up on it again before the summer is over.

2 comments:

Katya said...

I guess we need not worry about you running off with Tarzan then, eh? It looks as though the girls thoroughly enjoyed themselves and you were entertained by cute little squirrels. Glad you had a fun time!

Katya said...

Ummmm...I forgot to say congrats on reaching post #50. May you have many, many more!!!
And, your photos were so colorful. I was having technical difficulties once again, so I used the BIG SCREEN to view your blog. Was cool to see Sarah and Erin in near life size!!!! hehehehehe