Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Genesee Country Village

I took my mom to the Genesee Country Village and Museum last Sunday for her birthday. This post is a week late, as I have been overwhelmingly busy and just haven't had time to post. Anyway, the Village is a wonderful place where 19th century life is relived every day. On the day that we went, there was an Old Time Fiddlers Fest going on, which occurs the same weekend every year. Twenty years ago, Mom and I went to our first one, so this is always a special event for us, but we rarely get to go by ourselves. This time however, it worked out that it was just the two of us and what a time we had. I took close to 100 pictures (my memory card only holds that many) and she took just over 350. I think we totally captured the spirit of the place, at least as much as one can. It really must be experienced for the full effect, and experience it we did!

As my mom did on her blog, I am going to simply post the pictures, without much explanation. Pictures truly can be worth a thousand words. Some of the photos are duplicates, as I was playing with black and white and sepia tones.
















































































































































































































































































































































































































2 comments:

Katya said...

Carly, your pictures are very good! I ESPECIALLY like the one of the barrels in sepia. That one looks so old-fashioned...kinda like the appropriate photo for that timeframe!

Gosh, I really loved visiting there. There was so much to see...I think I could spend well over an entire day there, just snooping around.

We were blessed...it was such a lovely day!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for writing this.