Sunday, September 16, 2007

Grumpy about film!

I was so excited when I got my first roll of film (that I had recently shot) developed. I was impressed that I could take decent photos. So when we got ready to go to the Irish Festival last weekend, I grabbed my Minolta, and headed out. For some unknown reason I had a difficult time loading the film into the camera. I took a whole roll of 36 exposures and was so excited, until I went to wind the film back on the roll to remove it from the camera. I got about a turn and a half when the film had obviously released from the camera. My heart sank. I had "taken" some really cool shots that I couldn't wait to see. Hopeful that I had just imagined the roll not being loaded properly, I took the film to have it developed, but my worst fear was realized...the roll was empty!
As I was just finishing uploading the pictures that Sarah took at the cemetery, I found these...

The two little girls in these pictures, are my nieces. My sister-in-law came for a visit from out of town. Her two little girls had a great time dancing to the music of the Dady Brothers. My Erin, who took Irish dance last year but decided she really wants to be a hockey goalie, danced for the better part of an hour while listening to the Dady Brothers. She really is good, but for her to do both activities is too expensive and she decided hockey is what she really wants to do.
























































As you can see from the kids faces, it was a very warm night under the tent. The festival is in a park and they set up a huge circus style tent for all the festivities. There are people selling their wares, food stands, and lots of musical and dancing acts. The temperature outside was tolerable for early September. A bit on the warm side, but not too bad. However, inside the tent full of people, it was unbearable. I was just sitting, or standing, taking pictures, moving around as little as possible, and I kept having to dry the back of my flash because my forehead was resting on it and kept getting it soaked. I had invited my mom to come, but it is a really good thing she didn't make it, she would have boiled over since her body does not sweat for some reason.
Here is a terrific picture that Sarah took of her grandpa.














I was quite pleased that Sarah had taken these photos, since all the picture I thought I had taken, I hadn't!

1 comment:

Katya said...

Kudos to Sarah for taking such nice pictures! Sorry about the film. That is one of the reasons I am so fond of digital! Instant gratification, and if the photo isn't as good as you hoped, merely discard it and try again!

Julie's girls are SO cute! I love D's hair. It looks like Erin has some fun with the girls. That is so nice.

It looks like you had a good time!